highlight current row/column

  1. #1
    RyanV
    Guest

    highlight current row/column

    I voted for the suggestion of a crosshair highlight so the current cell is
    more visible.
    A twist to make this even better is to KEEP the highlight active even when
    the focus (in Windows) goes to another program. in the newest Excel, the row
    # and column letter are highlighted for the current cell. the preferred
    Excel would highlight the ENTIRE row and column (crosshair) and when I click
    on another running program window, the crosshair remains in Excel. Currently
    the highlighted row/column (that exists now) disappears when the window focus
    changes to another program. try it and you'll see what i mean. I want to
    work with my other program using the current cell's data.
    RyanV.

    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    nastech
    Guest

    RE: highlight current row/column

    for the amount of work I do, was needing the same, try:

    Chip Pearson's RowLiner:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

    - with Large files be careful of all formats deleting.