Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

  1. #1
    Danielle via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

    How do you resize a selection of cells, not in a table or chart, without
    having to resize the entire worksheet?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

    hilite the selection and then just use format column width and row height.

  3. #3
    Chris
    Guest

    Re: Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

    Danielle,

    Select just the cells you want to resize and you can either do 1)
    Format => Row => Height or Column => Width or 2) Drag one of the
    highlighted rows or columns to resize and the rest will follow.

    Chris

  4. #4
    Danielle via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

    I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I need to resize only a certain section
    cells about half way down the page, but when I try to resize the ways you've
    suggested, it only allows to resize the entire column or entire row.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

    Danielle

    Row heights and column widths are properties of the row and column.

    You cannot have different sizes for each range.

    My fingers are shaking and my heart is racing as I type the following.........

    You could use the Merge Cells option and merge several cells together
    horizontally or vertically.

    Merged cells can cause no end of problems with copying, pasting, filtering,
    sorting and a few others I can't think of.

    They do have their purpose, I guess<g>

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP