Clean Up Data

  1. #1

    Question Clean Up Data

    I am using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet that I need to format. The spreadsheet contains about 10,000 email addresses;however, all the email addresses have 'smtp' in front of it so it looks like this: SMTP:[email protected]

    I need to remove the 'smtp' in front of each email address, but I don't feel like doing it one-by-one since there are 10,000 email addresses.

    Is there a way to do this all in one shot or at least in batches? Thanks for any advice.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Assuming your addresses are in column A, highlight the entire column. Type Ctrl+H. In the Find type in "SMTP" and leave the Replace with empty. Click Replace All. This will remove the SMTP from all.

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3

    Re: Clean Up Data

    =MID("smtp:[email protected]",6,99)
    This assumes that no address is longer than 99 characters (including
    stmp