Excel Position Managent

  1. #1
    mja
    Guest

    Excel Position Managent

    I have been asked to develop a somewhat complicated position control
    management program for my employer. We have approx. 1057 full time benefited
    employees.
    I'm sure this will take several posts to aceive this but basically what they
    want.
    To use postion control for budget and forecating information and reports.
    Iam trying to decide the best way to layout the information to be able to
    utilize the information in many different reporting criteria. I also need to
    be able to link a filled postion with a salary schedule and figure benefits
    and also need to be able to track unfilled postions in the same manner, and
    also maintane locations and expense code for each, and I need to be apble to
    protect a portion of the input fields but let some fields be maintained by
    others.
    Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Excel Position Managent

    You'd need a database for this application, not a spreadsheet.

  3. #3

    Re: Excel Position Managent

    This really sounds like something that would be better done in a
    database like access.

    While I am not a religious zealot like some people who post here, I
    really do believe that it is a mistake to use Excel as a database.

  4. #4
    mja
    Guest

    RE: Excel Position Managent

    Any further info and suggetions would be greatly apperciated

  5. #5
    mja
    Guest

    Re: Excel Position Managent

    any further info or suggestions will be greatly apperciated

  6. #6
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Excel Position Managent

    Whilst a NG such as this is good for how do you do this or that what you're
    wanting sounds more like a project. It sounds more like a job for your
    local spreadsheet guru. This may cost more to do but a spreadsheet on which
    important financial decisions are based which has design flaws may cost a
    whole lot more in the long run.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions