Visual Basic problem

  1. #1
    spondee
    Guest

    Visual Basic problem

    I don't know how this happened. Been using Office 2003 for a couple
    of years now under xp home. But am always d/l and installing new
    stuff, etc.

    When I try to open excel or word I get error messages ie
    Microsoft Visual Basic: auto exec or auto exec new, etc.

    When I click on info on how to fix this, I get notice that 'project'
    is protected. (Must Be VB, I don't have office files 'protected'.),
    to unprotect.

    I've tried 'detect & repair. I've searched Knowledge, I've tried to
    find Microsoft Visual Basic to delete. All to no avail.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007
    Try looking for your XLSTART directory, and move anything that's there to another folder, or rename the folder. THen re-start Excel and see what happens.

    (Maybe in program files, MS Office, Office, XLStart)

    Regards
    Mike

  3. #3

    Re: Visual Basic problem

    Take a look here:

    OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
    Word or Excel

    It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

    If you move/delete that addin, you should be ok.

  4. #4
    spondee
    Guest

    Re: Visual Basic problem

    That's exactly what it was!!!

    I took the easy road, uninstalled Adobe Acrobat, reinstalled. Then
    everything was working!

    Thanks so very much!