How to jump to end of text only?

  1. #1
    Joe Bloggs
    Guest

    How to jump to end of text only?

    Tricky question to ask this one!

    I have a shhet with data in it, I press CTRL+END and it goes to empty cells
    way down the bottom of the sheet (there was text in these cells once but not
    any more).

    When I press CTRL+END I want it to go to the last cell with text it it and
    not further. Is there a way of totally clearing empty cells?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: How to jump to end of text only?

    Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that last used cell:
    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

  3. #3
    Joe Bloggs
    Guest

    Re: How to jump to end of text only?

    Thanks for the reply, would not work for me.

    I have copied the cells into new sheet and got what I wanted that way.

    Thanks for help.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How to jump to end of text only?

    Might this help:
    You can go to the last cell of *contiguous* data by hovering the cursor over
    the bottom border of a cell until it changes to an arrow, and then *double*
    click!
    ?
    --

    HTH,