Converting Eastern time to Central time

  1. #1
    DonaldM210
    Guest

    Converting Eastern time to Central time

    Using MSN Stock Quotes, How do you convert Eastern Daylight Time to Central
    Daylight time?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    You subtract one hour!
    Best regards,

    Ray

  3. #3
    DonaldM210
    Guest

    Re: Converting Eastern time to Central time

    I'm trying to subtract the "one hour" as part of the function. I'm not sure
    how to accomplish this. I can use additional columns to get the correct
    answer, but, there must be a way to subtract or add within the fuction
    itself. Any ideas?????

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Which function?

  5. #5
    DonaldM210
    Guest

    Re: Converting Eastern time to Central time

    Its an add-in function to track stock quotes:
    =MSNStockQuote.Functions.MSNStockQuote($A4,"Time of Last Sale","US")
    $A4 is the symbol of the stock.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    If that function returns a time in time format perhaps

    =MOD(MSNStockQuote.Functions.MSNStockQuote($A4,"Time of Last Sale","US")+"23:00",1)