Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Need to value dates

  1. #1
    P D Sterling
    Guest

    Need to value dates

    I do a lot of work in cleaning up mailing lists other people have
    generated. When I get any date column going, I usually =Value() it, to
    find out if any of the dates are bogus. Sometimes they are real dates,
    and sometimes they are "08/12/2006" and they get converted and formatted.

    I am confronted with a list which has the dates as "Aug 12, 2006" and
    I'm trying to figure how to get them as real dates. Any help would be
    gratefully appreciated.

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Need to value dates

    As long as they're all in the same format that you posted, you can use TTC
    (Text To Columns).

    Select your column of dates, then:

    <Data> <Text To Columns>,
    Click "Delimited", then <Next> <Next>.

    Click on "Date", and make *sure* that "MDY" shows in the window.

    Then <Finish>, and you're done!
    --

    HTH,

    RD

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Need to value dates

    =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),MONTH(A1),MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1,2))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    P D Sterling
    Guest

    Re: Need to value dates

    you know, you are so right! how could I miss that!!!!!!!??
    many thanx!

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Need to value dates

    Your welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

    RD

    "P D Sterling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > you know, you are so right! how could I miss that!!!!!!!??
    > many thanx!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > P D Sterling
    > Dallas TX
    >

    > RagDyeR wrote:
    > > As long as they're all in the same format that you posted, you can use

    TTC
    > > (Text To Columns).
    > >
    > > Select your column of dates, then:
    > >
    > > <Data> <Text To Columns>,
    > > Click "Delimited", then <Next> <Next>.
    > >
    > > Click on "Date", and make *sure* that "MDY" shows in the window.
    > >
    > > Then <Finish>, and you're done!

Closed Thread