formula help

  1. #1
    B.B
    Guest

    formula help

    In need of a formula
    Cell A1 will have a number from 1 to 12 in it
    Cell B1 needs to add 1 to cell A1 with one exception when cell A1 is entered
    with 12 cell B1 must also show 12
    thanks to all who help.

  2. #2
    Jack Zhong
    Guest

    Re: formula help

    B.B explained on 2006-8-14 :
    > In need of a formula
    > Cell A1 will have a number from 1 to 12 in it
    > Cell B1 needs to add 1 to cell A1 with one exception when cell A1 is entered
    > with 12 cell B1 must also show 12
    > thanks to all who help.

    Hi, B.B,

    The formula seems the following
    =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<12),A1+1,12)
    but you need validate the value in cell A1 or you would have a wrong
    result in the case that when the value in cell A1 is out of range you
    mentioned. Only you know what B1 will be if A1 is less than 1 or larger
    than 12.

    Jack

  3. #3
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: formula help

    B.B wrote:
    > In need of a formula
    > Cell A1 will have a number from 1 to 12 in it
    > Cell B1 needs to add 1 to cell A1 with one exception when cell A1 is
    > entered with 12 cell B1 must also show 12
    > thanks to all who help.

    in B1 type this formula:

    =IF(A1<12,A1+1,12)

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  4. #4
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: formula help

    Jack Zhong wrote:
    > B.B explained on 2006-8-14 :
    >> In need of a formula
    >> Cell A1 will have a number from 1 to 12 in it
    >> Cell B1 needs to add 1 to cell A1 with one exception when cell A1 is
    >> entered with 12 cell B1 must also show 12
    >> thanks to all who help.

    > Hi, B.B,
    >
    > The formula seems the following
    > =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<12),A1+1,12)
    > but you need validate the value in cell A1 or you would have a wrong
    > result in the case that when the value in cell A1 is out of range you
    > mentioned. Only you know what B1 will be if A1 is less than 1 or
    > larger than 12.
    >
    > Jack

    Hi Jack,

    I think this is a record... :-)

    I was just one second faster than you...

  5. #5
    Jack Zhong
    Guest

    Re: formula help

    Franz Verga used his keyboard to write :
    > Jack Zhong wrote:
    >> B.B explained on 2006-8-14 :
    >>> In need of a formula
    >>> Cell A1 will have a number from 1 to 12 in it
    >>> Cell B1 needs to add 1 to cell A1 with one exception when cell A1 is
    >>> entered with 12 cell B1 must also show 12
    >>> thanks to all who help.

    >> Hi, B.B,
    >>
    >> The formula seems the following
    >> =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<12),A1+1,12)
    >> but you need validate the value in cell A1 or you would have a wrong
    >> result in the case that when the value in cell A1 is out of range you
    >> mentioned. Only you know what B1 will be if A1 is less than 1 or
    >> larger than 12.
    >>
    >> Jack

    > Hi Jack,

    > I think this is a record... :-)

    > I was just one second faster than you...

    Maybe B.B is just from Italy too. :D