how do I sort multiple rows in excel

  1. #1
    jsmith@nisltd
    Guest

    how do I sort multiple rows in excel

    I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns wide with a large number of rows and I
    need to sort the data in the rows. I can do it for each individual row but,
    this time consuming and could do with knowing if there is any way to sort a
    couple of hundred rows.

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: how do I sort multiple rows in excel

    If you have fewer than 255 rows, select everything, copy, paste special,
    transpose, to turn your rows into columns.

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: how do I sort multiple rows in excel

    jsmith,

    Select all your cells, then run a macro like this, assuming you want each row to be sorted on its
    own....

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Sub TryNow()
    Dim myRow As Range
    For Each myRow In Selection.Rows
    myRow.Sort myRow.Cells(1), xlDescending, header:=xlNo, Orientation:=xlSortRows
    Next myRow
    End Sub

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Dave F
    Guest

    Re: how do I sort multiple rows in excel

    I vote for Bernie's suggestion.