How do I sort mailing addresses in Excel?

  1. #1
    outfitterim
    Guest

    How do I sort mailing addresses in Excel?

    I have a mailing list that lists street addresses in the following format:

    COLUMN C
    1 Winding Way
    10 Main Street
    111 Douglas Court
    2 Main Street
    23 Douglas Court
    200 Winding Way

    Can I sort this column alphabetically by STREET?

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: How do I sort mailing addresses in Excel?

    Warning Back-Up or Save your data before trying this...

    With your data in C2:C1000, say
    Insert temporarily a new column AFTER C - Which will be D.
    Enter into D1 =MID(C2,FIND(" ",C2),50)
    and Copy down;
    Then Copy D2:D1000, Then Paste-Special Values - Then Delete Col C
    HTH

  3. #3
    Lamb Chop
    Guest

    Re: How do I sort mailing addresses in Excel?

    How about using 'text to columns'?

    Data> Text to Column> Delimited > next > Click Space

    You will end up with three columns. After you sort them by street, you can
    put them together as:

    C1 &" " &D1" " & E1

    news:[email protected]...