HOW TO OPEN A WRITE PROTECTED FILE (USB)

  1. #1
    Wendyanne
    Guest

    HOW TO OPEN A WRITE PROTECTED FILE (USB)

    I'm trying to save an Excel file to a USB bar (removable E device) and it
    sends report saying the location is write protected. How can I change the
    file to accept data

  2. #2

    Re: HOW TO OPEN A WRITE PROTECTED FILE (USB)

    Get your manual out for the USB Drive--or look on line at the manufacturer's
    site.

    Some of these drives come with software to protect the data. Some early devices
    came with physical switches on the device itself to protect the data.

  3. #3

    Re: HOW TO OPEN A WRITE PROTECTED FILE (USB)

    Ps. I would do all my work on the harddrive.

    Copy from the USB Drive to the harddrive
    work on that harddrive copy
    save to that harddrive
    and then copy the harddrive copy back to the USB drive.