document not saved

  1. #1
    sindawg
    Guest

    document not saved

    Hello,

    I've seen this issued posted a few years back and never saw an answer
    to this so I'm wondering if anyone has any more insight to it. There
    are about 30 users who share a workbook and when they attempt to save
    some changes they've made they receive the following error.

    'Your changes could not be saved to 'xxxx.xls', but were
    saved to a temporary document named 'xxxx.xls'. Close the
    exisiting document, then save it under a new name.'

    When they try to save under a new name, either clicking on save or save
    as, it bring up: 'Document not Saved.' The only way it would save is
    if I selected save as workspace.

    I've read some cryptic answers about Anti-Virus being the cause or loss
    of network connection....any other possibilities?

    They are mixture of users using either NT or WinXP with either Office
    2000 or 97.

    thx

  2. #2
    sindawg
    Guest

    Re: document not saved

    For anyone interested in this topic please refer to this document.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291204/