Data Validation with Multiple Sources

  1. #1
    Jerkyboy
    Guest

    Data Validation with Multiple Sources

    I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created drop down lists on. I am creating
    dependent lists and hiding previously used items. I can get both of these
    options to work independently, but I can't get the Data Validation for these
    cells to work with both together. I created Defined Names for both of them,
    but I've tried to get both of them in the Source field together with no luck.
    Is there a way to make both of these options work together?

    Defined Name "PlayerCheck" (This removes the selected players from the drop
    down list) =OFFSET(Players!$C$1,0,0,COUNTA(Players!$C$1:$C$6)-COUNTBLANK
    (Players!$C$1:$C$6),1)

    Defined Name "PosFilter" (This filters the drop down based on another drop
    down selection in another column)
    =INDIRECT(A2)

    I've tried putting them both in the Source field of the Data Validation, but
    the the drop down stops working. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation with Multiple Sources

    If you're using dynamic lists, you may need to incorporate the technique
    shown here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#Dynamic

    --
    Debra Dalgleish