how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date function

  1. #1
    selva
    Guest

    how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date function

    current file name how returned in cell in excel , same way in excel- current
    page number to be returned in to a cell, how to do it?

  2. #2
    Roar Hansen
    Guest

    RE: how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date function

    =RIGHT(Cell("filename",A1),5)
    the last argument is the number of characters in the filename.

    Current page number ?
    --
    ~roar

  3. #3
    selva
    Guest

    RE: how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date funct

    DEAR ROAR HANSEN
    TO MAKE CLEAR , I AM LOOKING FOR, CURRENT PAGE NUMBER OF EXCEL SHEET ,TO BE
    RETURNED TO EXCEL CELL IN CURRENT PAGE IT SELF .

    WHERE PAGE NUMBERS ARE APPEARING IN EXCEL, ONLY IN HEADER FOOTER ONLY
    I WOULD LIKE TO PULL THE PAGE NUMBERS TO CELL, SO THAT I WANT TO USE WITH
    FORMULA
    COULD U HELP ME

  4. #4
    Roar
    Guest

    RE: how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date funct

    Selva,

    Regarding File name, the function CELL will return the sheet name with whole
    path (see Help). By combining with LEFT, RIGHT or MID, you can select part of
    the path. Try the excample I gave.

    Regarding Page number, there are no argument similar to "Filename". There
    have been some questions about that before, but no replies. I don't think
    there is a solution.

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: how in excel, return page numbers in to cell ?(like date funct

    See:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...48489312cf3b50
    --
    Gary's Student