Too Complicated For Me

  1. #1

    Too Complicated For Me

    This is what I want to do:

    If info in Sheet 1, Column A matches a sheet name or J2, then paste info from Sheet 1, Columb B to B3 of the sheet with the matching name.

    Can this be done?
    Last edited by mehare; 08-15-2006 at 01:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Wiley
    Guest

    RE: Too Complicated For Me

    As I read your question, it is a little confusing. You say you want to paste
    infor from Sheet 1 COl B(a column) to "B3"(a cell) of the sheet with the same
    name. Are you wanting to paste cell by cell or by column?

    Either way, you could set up a macro to do it, but it would require some VBA
    skill.

    Or a more simple approach would be to just filter Sheet 1 Col A for each
    sheet name, and paste the data one sheet at a time.

  3. #3
    when A1=XXX, paste B1 into J2 of Sheet XXX

    when A2=YYY, paste B2 into J2 of Sheet YYY

    Sheet XXX and YYY already exist, as do 900 other sheets.

    I have no VBA skill.

  4. #4
    Dave F
    Guest

    Re: Too Complicated For Me

    In J2 of Sheet XXX enter =IF(A1=XXX,B1,"")
    In J2 of Sheet YYY enter =IF(A1=YYY,B2,"")

  5. #5
    The problem becomes that if A1 doesn't = XXX I want it to check A2 and continue to check down column A to the end of the list. I need it too check the next cell in the column if it doesn't get a "true" response.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    USA
    MS-Off Ver
    sounds like you need to do a VLOOKUP in column A to populate cell J2 in the remaining sheets.
    This will only work if column A is sorted alphabetically.

    otherwise could you do a MATCH within an INDEX to find the data.