I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

  1. #1
    Ellie
    Guest

    I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    My data is larger than one excel worksheet is capable of so I have split it
    by months. It has already been summarized as much as I can.

    Can I use two or mor large excel worksheets to create one pivot table?

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    You can use multiple ranges in a pivot table, however, you should be aware of
    two issues:

    1) You may have memory issues if you don't have a large amount of RAM (more
    than 1 gigabyte, and
    2) You will likely run out of columns (max of 255 in pre XL 2007 versions).

    If you have that much data, a db package like Access is probably a better bet.

    What exactly are you trying to summarize?

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    This could be done by producing a pivot table from each worksheet which are
    stored in a single worksheet and then combining the outputs by a simple
    formula. This could be to extract labels and to totalise.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ellie
    Guest

    RE: I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    Hi Dave
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I am trying to accumulated sales trends by item by month. I need to show
    what a customer is paying by month in order to make sure the saleman has
    charged enough to cover costs. Item prices are individual to the customers
    and price increases are left up to the salesman. This process is a
    management check to ensure the salesman is putting through the increases. My
    pivot table worked fine until we reached 65000 plus records. I was hoping
    that I could simply name two ranges to one pivot table, but either it can't
    be done, or I just haven't figured it out yet.

  5. #5
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    This sounds like something that would be best done in Access.

    If you have Access 2003 you can import all the data into a table and run
    pivot tables off that, with no 65000 row limit.

  6. #6
    Ellie
    Guest

    RE: I need to combine two excel worksheets in one pivot table.

    Okay, thanks