Adding a fixed number from the row above with some conditions.

  1. #1
    Natalie
    Guest

    Adding a fixed number from the row above with some conditions.

    Hi there, I need some help with Excel.

    I have a function as below, where "1" and "2" and so on corresponds to
    4 different numbers.

    1 52
    1 55
    1 34
    1 22
    2 44
    2 29
    2 12
    2 29

    Since I need a unique value to correspond to each number in the right
    collumn, I need to 'distribute' the "1" and "2" by adding 0.25 to each
    subsequent number, as shown below.

    1.00 52
    1.25 55
    1.50 34
    1.75 22
    2.00 44
    2.25 29
    2.50 12
    2.75 29

    Does anyone know how to do that?

    Thanks!

    Natalie

  2. #2
    Stopher
    Guest

    Re: Adding a fixed number from the row above with some conditions.

    In the second cell type =({the refernce for the first cell eg a1}+0.25)
    and then drag the formual down as far as you need. Or if you know how
    to fast fill by double clicking the little black box in the bottom
    right of the current cell that will work as well.

    I seriously hope this isn't what you need.