file path

  1. #1
    Jane
    Guest

    file path

    Is it possible to get the name of a file path of a non active workbook using
    a formula and vba?

  2. #2

    Re: file path

    You changed questions???

    dim wkbk1 as workbook
    dim wkbk2 as workbook

    set wkbk1 = workbooks("book1.xls")
    set wkbk2 = workbooks("book2.xls")

    wkbk1.activate
    'now wkbk1 is active

    msgbox wkbk2.name & wkbk2.fullname & wkbk2.path

    I'm not sure what you mean by formula.

    If you want a formula in book1.xls that returns the path of book2.xls, you could
    put this in a cell:

    =cell("filename",
    then use the mouse to point at a cell in any sheet in book2.xls
    and type a closing parenthesis ).