List Question

  1. #1
    metaltecks
    Guest

    List Question

    I have a spreadsheet that contains a total of 2000 lines of data.
    I want to be able to copy the first cell, A1-a2000, and put them in notepad
    program. The only problem is that when I copy them, it copies them exactly,
    inside the cells. How can I get rid of the cells or if you know of an easier
    way to do this.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: List Question

    How can this be? Notepad has no formatting other than fonts. So how can
    Notepad get the cell borders?
    Or do you mean you want the data not to be on separate lines but in a
    continuous string?
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    metaltecks
    Guest

    Re: List Question

    Yes, I would like for it to be in a continous string, how can I do that?

  4. #4

    Re: List Question

    Insert a new column B.
    Put this in B1:
    =A1
    Put one of these in B2:
    =B1&A2
    or
    =B1&" "&A2
    or
    =B1&", "&As

    And drag down the column.

    Each cell will contain more and more of your data.

    Copy B2000 and paste into Notepad.

    Depending on how much text is in each cell, it might work.

  5. #5
    metaltecks
    Guest

    Re: List Question

    this only copies the next 2 entries each time.
    is the formula supposed to be =B1&", "&As or A2?

  6. #6

    Re: List Question

    It was supposed to be A2 (typing error).

    And yep. It only combines two things at once. But when you get to B2000,
    everything is combined.