Batch renaming of worksheets

  1. #1
    Lumen S
    Guest

    Batch renaming of worksheets

    Help - A MatLab 7.2 program must read 1000 Excel files written in Excel 2000
    which allowed characters (,^,/, etc. in sheet names. Excel 2003 will not
    allow characters you would not use for a filename. Excel 2003 on my machine
    will not allow MatLab 7.2 to read these files and directs MatLab to report an
    error. Is there a way to change all 1000 Excel sheet names without doing it
    one-by-one? They are mixed in a directory with other files.

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Batch renaming of worksheets

    Excel 2000 doesn't allow those special characters in sheet names.