how to create a combo box in excel - how to create the drop down .

  1. #1
    @evy
    Guest

    how to create a combo box in excel - how to create the drop down .

    Hi,

    I am making a questionlist, kind of a questionaire and i am trying to use
    comboboxes. I can select the option via the toolbox but I cannot enter my
    data. How to enter my selection of data in an easy way? Do you need to write
    macro's or have knowledge of programming. ...... in short is there an easy
    way to create nice looking comboboxes where an other person can easily select
    his data choice.

    Kind regards - Evy

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    data validation allows you to make a drop down box in a spreadsheet, you can either type in yes,no,don't know or name a list that is located elsewhere on the spreadsheet

  3. #3
    paul
    Guest

    Re: how to create a combo box in excel - how to create the drop do

    the forms toolbar has a drop down box or combobox.It sort of sits above the
    page,and is always visible.

    Combo box A drop-down list box. The item that is selected in the list box
    appears in the text box.
    Combo box properties
    Input range Reference to the range containing the values to display in
    the drop-down list.
    Cell link Returns the number of the item that's selected in the combo box
    (the first item in the list is 1). You can use this number in a formula or
    macro to return the actual item from the input range.
    For example, if a combo box is linked to cell C1 and the input range for the
    list is D10:D15, the following formula returns the value from range D10:D15
    based on the selection in the list:
    =INDEX(D10:D15,C1)
    Drop-down lines Specifies the number of lines to display in the drop-down
    list.
    3D shading Displays the combo box with a 3-dimensional shaded effect.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]