Could not load an object because it is not available on this machi

  1. #1
    Mike K
    Guest

    Could not load an object because it is not available on this machi

    Oh Wise Ones,
    I just started getting this error last week when Excel
    starts. After I click about 9 OK boxes it will load and run. What have I done
    and what can I do to correct it?

    "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine"
    The title bar of the message box reads "Microsoft Forms"

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Excel 2003
    XP Professional

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Could not load an object because it is not available on this machi

    I don't have a definitive answer. Sorry.

    A couple of things to consider trying:

    Look in Tools | Options on the General Tab and see if there is anything in
    the [At Startup, open all files in..] text box. If there is, go to that
    folder and see what files are in it - could be some odd file has gotten in
    there needing something you don't have?

    Do a search of My Computer for a folder named XLSTART and see if there are
    any files in it, if there are, it could be one of those.

    Do a repair installation of Excel/Office.

    That's about all I can offer - brain dead at this point.