Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheets?

  1. #1
    EXCEL WORKS CONFUSED
    Guest

    Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheets?

    I have some billing in Microsoft Works spreadsheets on my home computer --
    now I have a new job and I want to do billing at home, but my new job uses
    Microsoft Excel. How can I use the Excel spreadsheets on my home computer.
    Do I need to buy the program?

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheets?

    Yes. You can read an Excel file by downloading an Excel reader, but you
    must buy the program to change an Excel file. HTH Otto
    "EXCEL WORKS CONFUSED" <EXCEL WORKS [email protected]>

  3. #3
    Dave F
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheet

    You can use google spreadsheets to read .xls files.

    spreadsheet.google.com, I believe. Free
    --
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

  4. #4

    Re: Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheets?

    You could use Works and save as an early version of excel--or even .wks (LOTUS
    123).

    And excel can read them.

    But you may find that stuff is lost. Lots has happened in excel since the
    earliest of versions!

    You may want to try OpenOffice on your home computer:
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

    There may be fewer things that are lost.

  5. #5

    Re: Can Excel Spreadsheets be saved as Microsoft Works spreadsheets?

    Ps. You could visit eBay and look for the same version as you use at work.
    (Lots of people recommend using at least xl2k, though.)