Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

corrupt document and open and repair command

  1. #1
    chipsoly83
    Guest

    corrupt document and open and repair command

    Every time I launch Excel I get the following message...The document is
    corrupt and cannot be opened. To try and repair it, use the Open and Repair
    command inthe Open dialogue (file menu) and select Extract Data when
    prompted. I cannot find the corrupted file to repair and I'm tired of seeing
    this message every time at startup.

  2. #2

    Re: corrupt document and open and repair command

    I'd look in my XLStart folder and maybe in the list under Tools|addins.

    Maybe you can do some detective work to find out:

    Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

    And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

  3. #3
    As your excel files gets corrupted and it cannot be repaired by open and Repair option. Now you can try Kernel Recovery for Excel

    A month before, I had experienced this kind of situation, my important excel gets crashed and showing "This file cannot be opened" frequently. So I tried Kernel Recovery for Excel. You don,t believe i get my file repaired with its original formatting. You can get more information about this tool from here
    http://www.nucleustechnologies.com

    Try it! Really awesome tool!!!!!111

    I hope you will get good results

    Let me know

    Thanks

  4. #4
    California
    MS-Off Ver
    USA

    Re: corrupt document and open and repair command

    hey chipsoly83,
    Your MS Excel is not opening and displaying error messages, so it is quite obvious that when you will try to open any excel file it will show error messages as well. So, it is clear that it is not the file which has corrupted rather it is the MS Excel application due to which you are facing problems.

    Open and Repair commands will not work until your MS Excel executes. So, to rectify this problem either you install MS Excel freshly or try any excel repair software to repair the faults of existing MS Excel application.

    Thank You.

  5. #5
    Valued Forum Contributor
    London, UK

    Re: corrupt document and open and repair command

    Try opening the file not Excel, ie the file double click opens excel

    Try ths file on another workStations

    Now you know if its just that file / and otehrs of the base Excel Application

    jiuk

Closed Thread