Strange behaviour - loading Excel clears Clipboard

  1. #1
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Strange behaviour - loading Excel clears Clipboard

    Has anyone else experienced this strange behaviour with Excel clearing the
    Clipboard ?

    For example, if I copy a formula from a post in the NG to work with it and
    then load Excel, the Clipboard is cleared. I have to go back to the post,
    copy the data again and paste it into Excel.

    I tried this with Word and that seems OK ... until I load Excel and the data
    is gone.

    The only thing that I can think of is that I downloaded and installed the
    Office 2007 Beta. I didn't overwrite my existing copy of Office 2003. I
    decided I didn't much like the new GUI in the Beta copy and I had a few
    problems so I've uninstalled it.

    Any thoughts on what I can do to make it better ... do I need to uninstall
    and re-install Office 2003 ?

    Thanks

    Trevor

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Strange behaviour - loading Excel clears Clipboard

    What you see is normal, to my knowledge. Excel will clear the clipboard
    with many actions that occur. As far as justification for it? I have no
    idea. Otto
    news:[email protected]...