Pivot table

  1. #1

    Pivot table

    Hi

    I have a spreadhseet which contains 5 pivot tables and a data source. each time i hvae to refresh each pivot table individually to update the data, anyone know how to merge or make the 5 pivot table refer to a main pivot table, so that when i refresh 1 table, it will automatically refresh the other?

    Also i not sure if i create 5 pivot tables separately, it make my file size become so big.

    can anyone give me some idea

    many thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table

    You can use a macro to change the pivot cache for each pivot table, so
    they all use the same one. There is sample code here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3

    Thank u

    Thank u for the suggestion. however, when i put in the code and run the marco, it doesnt work and show debug on the the code.? Am I doing the right way?

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table

    What line is highlighted when you click the debug button and look at the
    code?

    In this line:

    pt.CacheIndex = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1).CacheIndex

    did you change "Pivot" to the name of a sheet in your workbook?