Display result in same cell as formula

  1. #1
    J Strang
    Guest

    Display result in same cell as formula

    What I would like to do is type in a numeric value in one currency and have
    it automatically convert to another currency in the same cell I enter it.

    I know this is simple when you enter the original value in one cell and then
    convert it with a formula in another cell, but I wish to have converted value
    displayed in the same cell the original value is entered.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Display result in same cell as formula

    The harsh reality is that this is a somewhat difficult trick to accomplish.
    It would have to be done using a macro, it could be done by attaching code to
    the _Change event of the worksheet, determining if a change had been made in
    the particular cell or cells you are interested in and then running the code
    when appropriate. Probably best to do it the old fashioned way, using 2
    cells?

  3. #3
    J Strang
    Guest

    RE: Display result in same cell as formula

    Thank you - I appreciate your time.