sort column excluding the first row

  1. #1
    Warren
    Guest

    sort column excluding the first row

    I have a simple spreadsheet that I use as a database. When I try to sort
    using the A-Z button on a given column such as the last name, the first row
    which contains the header "last name" gets automatically sorted into the
    column. I have clicked freeze pane for the first row and it still does the
    same. I have highlighted all rows except for the 1st and sorted them, but
    the first row still gets sorted into rest. I tried locking the first row and
    nothing. The strange thing is that it didn't do this earlier in the same
    spread sheet. Is there a function that I undid? Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    DATA, SORT, Select Header Row at the bottom,

  3. #3
    Jaleel
    Guest

    RE: sort column excluding the first row

    Hi

    Instead of using the A-Z button, go to Data - Sort and in the box that
    appears, check my data range has "Header row".

    Jaleel