MID in Swedish Excel?

  1. #1
    Arne Hegefors
    Guest

    MID in Swedish Excel?

    I have some Excel formulas that I want to use. These fomulas refer to the
    English Excel and I have a Swedish version. One of the fomulas looks like:

    =MID(B2,SEARCH(" ",B2,3)+1,4)

    But I do not know how to translate the MID to swedish. Can someone please
    help me with this? Thanks very much!

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: MID in Swedish Excel?

    Hi,

    The MID function extracts a string of text from the middle of a string of
    text. See here: http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/mid.php'

    --
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: MID in Swedish Excel?

    Arne,

    This is one of many such questions you have asked, so time to give you a
    generic solution.

    In the Immediate window in the VBIDE (Alt-F11, Ctrl-G), type

    Activecell.Formula = "=MID(B2,SEARCH("""",B2,3)+1,4)"

    The only thing to beware of is the quotes, you need to double up these, or
    just break it down, such as

    Activecell.Formula = "=MID(A1,1,2)"

    and

    Activecell.Formula = "=SEARCH(x,A1,3)"

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: MID in Swedish Excel?

    Tjena Arne

    This simple macro makes Excel do the all the translation work for you:

    Sub Translate()
    ActiveCell.Formula = _
    InputBox("Engelsk formel:", _
    "Översättaren", _
    ActiveCell.Formula)
    End Sub

    HTH. best wishes Harald

    "Arne Hegefors" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...