Conditional Auto fill

  1. #1
    naijaexcel
    Guest

    Conditional Auto fill

    Can anyone help please. i would like to auto fill a cell based on a
    selection in another cell. I tried using an IF formula, but this would
    not let me edit the cell after it has been autofilled.

    All help is appreciated!

    --
    naijaexcel

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Auto fill

    If you use an IF formula, you can type a different value in the cell
    later, but that would remove the formula.

    Another option is to use programming to fill the cell. There's an
    example here:

    Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0027 - Update Dependent Cell'

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures