Bookmarks on Sheet

  1. #1

    Bookmarks on Sheet

    I have a sheet which is quite long. I need to create links, or a drop-down menu of some sort, which can select different points in the same sheet. So, if i click "Bookmark 4", it will scroll/direct the page to a certain point in the sheet.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert oldchippy's Avatar
    Worcester, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 (Home)
    Posts
    7,097

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by aposatsk
    I have a sheet which is quite long. I need to create links, or a drop-down menu of some sort, which can select different points in the same sheet. So, if i click "Bookmark 4", it will scroll/direct the page to a certain point in the sheet.
    Hi aposatsk,

    Try View > Custom Views, then select your range of cells and give then a meaningful name for your view

    oldchippy

  3. #3
    Okay. That is a step closer. But can i make the "Views" in Custom Views show up costantly on some toolbar or in a cell?

  4. #4
    Forum Expert oldchippy's Avatar
    Worcester, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 (Home)
    Posts
    7,097

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by aposatsk
    Okay. That is a step closer. But can i make the "Views" in Custom Views show up costantly on some toolbar or in a cell?
    Record a macro in this workbook to select your named view, then create a new Toolbar and attach the macro to the custom button

    oldchippy

  5. #5
    thanks again!

    Can i run a macro using a formula? For example, in A2 i would write a formula such that when A1 is equal to 1, the macro is run.

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Bookmarks on Sheet

    I would suggest you Freexe the top 8 or 9 rows and in that area put
    hyperlinks to wherever on the sheet you wish to go.......I always put TOP and
    BOTTOM arrows and assign appropriate macros on my databases to facilitate
    navigation.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  7. #7
    Dave F
    Guest

    Re: Bookmarks on Sheet

    You can run a macro via a udf.
    Info on creating UDFs here:
    http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticle...functions.html

    Essentially, record a macro, make note of its name, and assign a UDF to it,
    say runmacro. So, =runmacro() would, well, run that macro.

    --
    Brevity is the soul of wit.