Excel "search"?

  1. #1
    JayW
    Guest

    Excel "search"?

    I have a list of a couple of thousand (and more) individual items. I want to
    have a box for users to type in text (there are no numbers) and the results
    will be seen reducing in number as more text is entered

    eg, typing A (or a) will show all entries beginning with A
    typing AB will show only entries beinning with AB
    typing ABO will show .........I guess you will understand.

    I suspect it is obvious to experienced users, but I confess I am stuck. I
    have tried a "list", but it doesn't do want I want - unless I am doing it
    wrong !!!
    --
    Jay, UK

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel "search"?

    Data>Filter>Autofilter>Custom>Equal to should do the trick.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP