set payment date 28 days after following friday

  1. #1
    rhydim
    Guest

    set payment date 28 days after following friday

    sale on a monday aug 2 need to calulate 28 days after following friday for
    payment date. if this falls on sat or sun needs to move to monday

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: set payment date 28 days after following friday

    =(A1+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>5)+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>6))+6-WEEKDAY(A1+(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>5)+(WE
    EKDAY(A1,2)>6))+28

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: set payment date 28 days after following friday

    Bob,

    Perhaps it is my reading of the question but surely 28 days after the
    following Friday can never be a Saturday or Sunday.

    =A1-WEEKDAY(A1-6,1)+35

    Seems to return the same date as your formula.

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: set payment date 28 days after following friday

    Sandy,

    I read that as if today is a saturday or sunday, start on the next monday,
    then goto Friday, then add 28. I think though that by reading it in that
    convoluted manner, I concocted a convoluted formula. Your method of getting
    the lat Friday and adding 35 seems much more direct.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...