Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

If data in one column, take date, add 2 days, and turn the entire column a color...

  1. #1

    If data in one column, take date, add 2 days, and turn the entire column a color...

    I have two columns setup... Column A would have a received date and
    Column E would have a name. What I'm looking to do is if there is a
    name filled in in Column E (any data at all), then take Column A and
    add two days. If it's past due (example: Column A has 8/01/06, today is
    8/22/06, so it would be past due), then turn the entire row a selected
    color.

    Is this possible? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: If data in one column, take date, add 2 days, and turn the entire

    Select entire sheet (A1 active)
    Click Format > Conditional Formatting
    Under Condition 1, make it as:
    Formula is: =AND($A1<>"",$E1<>"",$A1<TODAY())
    Format the trigger fill color to taste > OK out
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3

    Re: If data in one column, take date, add 2 days, and turn the entire

    Max,

    That didn't seem to fix it. I should mention I also have a conditional
    formatting condition set for Column L with the formula of: =$L3>A20.
    What it's supposed to do is if there is ANY text in column L, it turns
    the whole row a certain color.

    So what I'm looking for is a second condition to do what I described,
    and turn the row another color. How would I incorporate both formulas?

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: If data in one column, take date, add 2 days, and turn the ent

    Not very sure sorry, but let's try this on a spare copy ..

    Assume the target range is A3:L20
    (Remove any CF within A3:L20 first)

    Select A3:L20 (with A3 active)
    Apply the CF settings as:

    Cond1:
    =AND($A3<>"",$E3<>"",$A3+2<TODAY(),$L3="")
    Format yellow fill

    Cond2:
    Format green Fill