hlookup

  1. #1
    tikchye_oldLearner57
    Guest

    hlookup

    hello community
    I setted up a table in this manner:

    col = B C D E F
    Row = 2 Mark 100 90 80 70
    3 Grade a b c d
    6 Grade d (lookup
    result base on E5)

    when I use the =hlookup(E5,C2:F3,2), I have the Grade = "d" ? can community

    help to explain to me what is happening to my "hlookup()" ?

    thanks community for explaining

    --
    oldLearner57

  2. #2
    Nav
    Guest

    RE: hlookup

    I have this to be a problem also. If you reformat in ascending order ie...70
    80 90 100 etc.. and re-try I think you will find that it will solve the
    problem if you use:
    =HLOOKUP(e5,C2:f3,2,TRUE)

    Alternatively you can use:

    =INDEX(C2:f3,2,MATCH(C5,C2:f2,0))

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    thard
    Guest

    RE: hlookup

    I believe all you need to do is edit your formula to include the range
    lookup, result should be =HLOOKUP(E5,C2:F3,2,FALSE)

    If the range lookup is FALSE you will find an exact match on your lookup
    value. If the range lookup is TRUE or omitted it will return an approximate
    match to your lookup value.