how do I highlight the current row and column

  1. #1
    Ssalzman
    Guest

    how do I highlight the current row and column

    I would like to be able to view my position easier, and when I am in a column
    and row to the far right, having the row and column number highlighted isnt
    sufficient. Is there anyway to have the current row and column highlighted
    with color?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    dlw
    Guest

    RE: how do I highlight the current row and column

    Nothing you can do but upgrade to a newer version of Excel, they use a
    different color/shading.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how do I highlight the current row and column

    '----------------------------------------------------------------
    '----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
    With Target
    With .EntireRow
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    With .FormatConditions(1)
    With .Borders(xlTop)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    With .Borders(xlBottom)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
    End With
    End With
    With .EntireColumn
    .FormatConditions.Delete
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    With .FormatConditions(1)
    With .Borders(xlLeft)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    With .Borders(xlRight)
    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    .Weight = xlThin
    .ColorIndex = 5
    End With
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
    End With
    End With

    .FormatConditions.Delete
    .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
    .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
    End With

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ssalzman
    Guest

    Re: how do I highlight the current row and column

    Thank you, I will try this.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how do I highlight the current row and column

    You could try Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Vancouver, Canana
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: how do I highlight the current row and column

    Thanks This is exactly what I was searching for
    There is only one problem I have with it and that is that when I copy (CTRL+C) and then I change cells and appears to clear the clipboard and I can't paste it. Is that something I will just have to live with or does anyone nay thoughts for fixing that.
    I am not experienced at all with VBA.

    Thanks in advance

  7. #7
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: how do I highlight the current row and column

    Now please take a few minutes to read the forum rules (link in menu bar) about posting questions in other peoples' thread, and then start your own.
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate