+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

DGET errors when transfering computers

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-02-2009
    Location
    Norman, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Posts
    7

    DGET errors when transfering computers

    Hi guys! Need some of your diagnosing powers. I made a report that used this code IFERROR(DGET(database,AA$1,$AA78:$AB79),$M$84), but when i send it to end user he gets an empty field in this cell when opens the file. File made on: Vista, MS office 2007. Read on : XP, MS 2007. What directions should I explore based on this limited information?

  2. #2
    Forum Guru Andy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-10-2004
    Location
    Essex, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    O365
    Posts
    19,945

    Re: DGET errors when transfering computers

    remove the IFERROR and see what is actually returned from DGET.
    Check database is the same for both instances.
    Cheers
    Andy
    www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-02-2009
    Location
    Norman, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Posts
    7

    Re: DGET errors when transfering computers

    everything works just fine on my computer and on the computer of my colleague, but not on the computer of the end user. That's why i'm puzzled and confused.

  4. #4
    Forum Guru Andy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-10-2004
    Location
    Essex, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    O365
    Posts
    19,945

    Re: DGET errors when transfering computers

    okay, but that did not really address the suggestion I made.

    You need to do the detective work on the pc that does not work.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1