Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

  1. #1
    Alice
    Guest

    Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

    How do I change column headings (A,B,C) to text words across the top of the
    worksheet?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

    The A, B, C headers are internal to Excel, and are used to specify cell
    locations. They can't be changed to text.

    However, if you need headers for a report or something, you can type
    them in and make them bold, underline them, etc. If the lettering
    system REALLY bothers you, you can turn it off (that is to say, remove
    it from view on screen- they'll still be there) by clicking >Tools

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

    And select A2 and do a Window>Freeze Panes so they are always visible, and
    go to File>Pagesetup?Sheet and Set the rows to repeat for printing.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MISSION, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

    Could I keep the row headings and remove the column headings?

  5. #5
    Forum Expert shg's Avatar
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,678

    Re: Change column headings (A,B,C) to text words?

    Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules, and then start your own thread.

    Thanks.
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate