Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like IE.

  1. #1
    Kenn Tan
    Guest

    Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like IE.

    I have problem trying to hyperlink a cell in Excel to a specific page in a
    PDF document. I have no problem using IE to hyperlink to a specific page (eg.
    abcd.pdf#page=31).

    But why is it I can't do that in excel? Everytime I click the hyperlink, it
    is only able to display the 1st page.

  2. #2
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like IE.

    Hi Kenn,

    You will nee to reference the specific range - so try hyperlinking to
    <<\\server\share\file.xls - Sheet!A1>>

    Hope this helps

    Warm regards

    Sunil Jayakumar

    news:[email protected]...

    www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

  3. #3
    Kenn Tan
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like

    Actually I want to click a cell in Excel and jump to a specific page in PDF
    document. Not clicking on the PDF.

    Anyway of doing it?

  4. #4
    DMHI
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like IE.

    I can't believe this problem still exists after 6 years or more. I find this feature very important (because i need it NOW ) and should be implemented.

  5. #5
    london
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Excel should let hyperlink of PDF jump to a specific page like IE.

    create a function as below:

    Function OpenPDFpage(myLink As String, TargetPage As Double)
    Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    With objIE
    .Navigate myLink & "#page=" & TargetPage
    .Visible = True
    End With
    End Function

    In excel enter a formula