Autotext in Excel

  1. #1
    Sue
    Guest

    Autotext in Excel

    Hi

    Is it possible to use the autotext function (as in Word) for excel?

    For example I'm writing comments in cells and there is a sentence that comes
    up quite often. I would like to be able to use a shortcut key to
    automatically insert the text at the insertion point.

    Can I do this in Excel?

    Thanks

    Sue

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: Autotext in Excel

    Tools/Autocorrect options -- enter your "abbreviation" and what it should be
    replaced by.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Malta
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Autotext in Excel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Umlas, Excel MVP View Post
    Tools/Autocorrect options -- enter your "abbreviation" and what it should be
    replaced by.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP
    >[/color]