Batch renaming of many worksheets in Excel files?

  1. #1
    Lumen S
    Guest

    Batch renaming of many worksheets in Excel files?

    Help please. A MatLab 7.2 program must read 1000 files created in Excel
    2000. The current system has Excel 2003 and has different rules for sheet
    names. It will not allow MatLab 7.2 to read what it considers flawed files.
    The Excel files are in a directory with other files. How can I change the
    names of two sheets on each of 1000 files without it being a one-at-the-time
    process?
    --
    James L. Smith

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Batch renaming of many worksheets in Excel files?

    Please don't post the same question multiple times.

    As I indicated earlier, the rules for naming sheets in Excel 2000 are the
    same as those in Excel 2003. They are system-level limitations, not
    Excel-specific limitations.

    Perhaps the files you are trying to open are corrupted.

  3. #3
    Lumen S
    Guest

    RE: Batch renaming of many worksheets in Excel files?

    The files are not corrupted, the worksheets open in Excel 2000 with
    characters no longer allowed in Excel 2003. By his reply, Dave may have made
    an earlier comment that did not get attached to this thread.
    --
    James L. Smith

  4. #4
    DHAKA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Batch renaming of many worksheets in Excel files?

    Dear Concern

    I have work book with 85 sheets with different name. I want change all the tabs name at a time and these name may be anything in words.

    can any one solve this out with VB

    thanks
    FAM