changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

  1. #1
    Joe Skochdopole
    Guest

    changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    I am trying to change the page set up setiings to fit to 1 page for 56
    worksheets within a workbook. Is there an easy way to do this? Can I buy a
    program add in to do this for me?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    Hi

    Set the first sheet up as you wish and then click on the tab of the last
    sheet - while holding Shift. This will group all of the sheets together. Go
    to File / Page Setup and click OK. This will now copy the settings from your
    first sheet to the rest.
    Don't forget to ungroup the sheets afterwards by right-clicking on a tab and
    selecting Ungroup Sheets.
    It is good practise to take a copy before you start too!

    Andy.

    "Joe Skochdopole" <Joe [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    Hi Joe,

    Right click on one of the sheet tabs => select all sheets => page setup =>
    fit to page. When finished, right click one of the tabs => ungroup sheets

    Ewan

  4. #4
    bbb
    Guest

    RE: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    by creating a template : open a new file, modify it, then save it as
    template.xls in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART
    it will open every time you run XL

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor Big.Moe's Avatar
    Corea, Maine, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Wink Re: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    Set the first sheet up as you wish and then click on the tab of the last sheet - while holding Shift.
    This will group all of the sheets together. Go to File / Page Setup and click OK.
    This will now copy the settings from your first sheet to the rest.
    Wow, thanks Andy. Never knew that method and it is brilliant in its simplicity.

  6. #6
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,946

    Re: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    Hi Big.Moe and welcome to the forum :0

    Im glad that thread was of value to you, did you notice that is is over 7 years old though? (the technique still applies)
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor Big.Moe's Avatar
    Corea, Maine, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Red face Re: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    OOPS.....I guess better late than never to show appreciation, but I will be a little more observant next time. Thanks. ;o)

  8. #8
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,946

    Re: changing the page setup for multiple worksheets in a workbook

    No problem, lots of members look through old posts for answers - what was valid then, is almost certainly still valid now