Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

  1. #1
    M P
    Guest

    Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    Is this possible? If yes, Any helpful URLs for this? I appreciate your
    immediate response.

    MP

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    You can access Access through MSQuery in Excel.......
    You can set up a Front-end in Excel, import Access data automatically
    through MSQuery, and then process the data in Excel.....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    Data=>Get External Data

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    M P
    Guest

    Re: Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    Do you have web reference that I may use?

    I want to do the edit, append and delete thru Excel.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    That isn't supported in Excel using built in capabilities. You would have
    to program it with VBA I believe.

    You might link to excel from Access and then all yourdata is in Excel and
    reproduce in Access, but I am not sure how that would make Access the
    backend.

    Tom Ogilvy

  6. #6
    The Netherlands

    Re: Excel=FrontEnd and Access=Backend DB

    To add to this discussion:
    I've created an add-in just for this purpose:
    If you want to make use of Excel as a front end for back ends like MS Access (or SQL Server) you may want to check it out:
    Connexa add-ins for Excel
    Emiel
    Prof. VBA Developer
    redcirclesoftware.com