Excel: copy and paste only shown not hidden cells into new sheet

  1. #1
    MU
    Guest

    Excel: copy and paste only shown not hidden cells into new sheet

    I have a worksheet in which I hide information when I don't want to use it,
    and make custom views. Now, I would like to take this a step further. How
    can I copy this custom view and paste it into a new worksheet without all of
    the hidden rows and columns coming with it?

  2. #2

    Re: Excel: copy and paste only shown not hidden cells into new sheet

    Select the range to copy
    edit|goto|special
    click visible cells only

    Edit|copy
    and
    edit|paste

  3. #3
    United States
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Excel: copy and paste only shown not hidden cells into new sheet

    Did you ever find an answer? I have the same question for Excel 2007. Thank you.

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor john55's Avatar
    Europe
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel for Microsoft 365
    Posts
    2,028

    Re: Excel: copy and paste only shown not hidden cells into new sheet

    maybe this
    Regards, John55
    If you have issues with Code I've provided, I appreciate your feedback.
    In the event Code provided resolves your issue, please mark your Thread as SOLVED.
    If you're satisfied by any members response to your issue please use the star icon at the lower left of their post.

    ...enjoy -funny parrots-