How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

  1. #1
    Annette
    Guest

    How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

    When I open more than one Excel file, it used to display them as separate
    icons on my task bar. But for some reason, now I only get one one icon, and
    I have to go to Windows on the Menu Bar to switch between them. I can't use
    Alt/Tab anymore. It only affects Excel.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

    Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There,
    check the "Windows in Taskbar" setting.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Annette
    Guest

    Re: How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was exactly what I needed!

  4. #4
    Chicago
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

    I have the same problem - I cannot see icons for workbooks in the Excel Taskbar. The "see windows in taskbar" option is checked. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you

  5. #5
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,945

    Re: How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?

    sanford, welcome to the forum

    however, unfortunately:

    Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread. It makes sense to have a new thread for your question because a thread with numerous replies can be off putting & difficult to pick out relevant replies.
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford