Barcode Cell Format

  1. #1
    Pat Coleman
    Guest

    Barcode Cell Format

    If I want to store bar codes in a range of cells in Excel, how do I format
    the cell so the barcode appears as scanned in.

    We are scanning in Barcode from our inventory to our excel stock book.

    I am doing it now but when we export it out or link it to an access table,
    it either does not appear or is truncated.

  2. #2

    Re: Barcode Cell Format

    Hi,
    Try pointing to this URL http://www.skandata.com/ttf.html
    Hope this helps
    -Anu

  3. #3
    Thomas Lutz
    Guest

    Re: Barcode Cell Format

    My guess is that you are scanning in bar codes that consist of long
    strings of numeric digits. If the cell is formatted with the "General"
    format, Excel will convert the bar code data to a number and store it
    as a number. Long numbers will automatically be converted to floating
    point values. For example, a bar code number like:
    1234567898765430
    will be converted to the following numeric value :
    1.23457E+15

    Change the cell formatting to "Text" and Excel will leave the number
    alone and not convert it.

  4. #4
    Japan
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Barcode Cell Format

    I am a little confused by your question and I am not sure whether we are meeting the same problem. Here is my situation: I need to generate barcode images in Excel for inventory management but the generated barcode images are floating over the Excel and it is not one image fixed in on cell. Why?

  5. #5
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,938

    Re: Barcode Cell Format

    @ cary...you may not have noticed, but that thread is almost 7 years old?
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford