Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

  1. #1
    Maurice
    Guest

    Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Is there a keyboard shortcut for "protect worksheet" function. I have a
    workbook with 45+ sheets which needs to be individually protected, as global
    protection is not possible. It become a bit laborious to move up and down
    with your cursor, between the protect worksheet icon in the toolbar, and
    selecting successive sheets down the bottom. I am hoping there is a faster
    way to go about it. Can you help out with some ideas please ?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Maurice, you could use a macro and do them all at once

    Sub Protect_All_Sheets()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    ws.Protect password:="123"
    Next ws

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Maurice
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for the suggestion. It looks interesting however, how do I actually
    go about setting up / running such a macro ? Yes, I'm not familiar with
    macros at all. A short "work instruction" in this specific instance will be
    very helpful to me !

    Kind regards

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Maurica, missed this was in newusers or I would have posted the instructions
    with it, try this,

    To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
    pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will
    open the VBA editor, in Project Explorer click on your workbook name, if you
    don't see it press CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer, then go to insert,
    module, and paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side,
    press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook and press
    alt and F8, this will bring up a box to pick the Macro from, click on the
    Macro name to run it. If you are using excel 2000 or newer you may have to
    change the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the
    security settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to
    medium

  5. #5
    Maurice
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Hi Paul,

    Finally got around to putting your advice to the test. It worked like a
    charm of course. Thanks very much, as it saves me a lot of effort (and
    aggravation).
    PS. I realized (fortunately the first time around), that after setting up
    and running the macro, one should actually delete it afterwards. Otherwise
    anyone can access the code again later, and gain access to the applicable
    password within the script. Not so ?

    Best regards
    Maurice

  6. #6
    Solapur, Maharshtra, India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Talking Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet प्रोटेक्*ट वर्कशीट

    धन्यवाद. मला तुमच्या या माहितीचा चांगला उपयोग झाला असून या फोरमला धन्यवाद. अशाच प्रकारे भविष्*यात मला एक्सेलमध्ये काम करताना जर काही अडचणी आल्या तर त्या सोडवण्यासाठी मला तुमच्या या फोरमची नक्कीच मदत होईल.

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor arlu1201's Avatar
    Bangalore, India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003 & 2007
    Posts
    19,166

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    Revansiddha,

    Please do not post in your local language. Use English as the primary language.
    If I have helped, Don't forget to add to my reputation (click on the star below the post)
    Don't forget to mark threads as "Solved" (Thread Tools->Mark thread as Solved)
    Use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

  8. #8
    Bangalore
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Keyboard Shortcuts - Protect Worksheet

    You can just use the shortcut Alt+H+O+P to protect/ unprotect spreadsheets.

    You can use Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown to toggle between spreadsheets.