make first few rows print on every page?

  1. #1
    CD
    Guest

    make first few rows print on every page?

    I have the first few rows of my sheet frozen so that I can scroll down the
    long columns (about 3 printed page lengths) without losing sight of the top
    headings.
    I would like to be able to set it so that those top rows print at the top of
    each page.
    Is that possible? It would be a great deal easier than trying to repeat the
    heading columns at periodic intervals down the page becasue i don't know how
    to figure out where I would repeat them to make them be the top rows of each
    consecutive new page. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks,
    CD

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: make first few rows print on every page?

    Try:

    Click File > Page Setup > Sheet tab

    Under Print Titles, input* in box for:
    Rows to repeat at the top: $1:$2
    (to repeat the top rows1 and 2, for example)

    Click OK

    *Instead of keying-in, you could also just click inside the box,
    then click outside on any cell in row1, say select B1 and drag down to B2

    This'll also give return "$1:$2" inside the box
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CD
    Guest

    Re: make first few rows print on every page?

    Thankyou. Going to see what I can do with those instructions.

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: make first few rows print on every page?

    You're welcome !
    Should work ..
    --
    Rgds