How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

  1. #1
    Terry_BWL
    Guest

    How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

    I have been using Lotus. When you SAVE AS you are given the choice to make a
    BAK (backup) file. Is there a similiar command in Excel? When I use SAVE AS
    it just asks if I want to replace. Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

    Hi Terry

    File > Save as > Tools > General options,
    checkmark in 'Always create backup'.

    George Gee

    *Terry_BWL* has posted this message:

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

    Another approach saves the file in a backup folder.

    Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button
    On Error GoTo BackupFile
    MkDir CurDir & "\Backup"
    BackupFile:
    With ActiveWorkbook
    MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name
    .SaveCopyAs MyWB
    .Save
    End With

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Terry_BWL
    Guest

    Re: How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

    Thanks to both of you for the help.

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

    glad it helps